Monday, October 25, 2010

Special event message from Laphroaig

I'm probably not supposed to share this message I just received from Laphroaig, but I can't make it and I thought someone else can.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friend,

I’m excited to announce that as a special bonus to our WhiskyFest activities, Laphroaig Distillery Manager John Campbell and I will be jointly hosting 50 Friends of Laphroaig at the Statue of Liberty National Monument on Liberty Island.


John and I will give a toast on the way out to the Statue of Liberty. (Alcohol is not allowed at the monument.)  A group photo will be taken by the Statue, with each attendee donning Laphroaig-branded wellies (rubber boots to you Yanks) and a Laphroaig-branded hat.


The group will depart Liberty Island following the photo for an exclusive Friends of Laphroaig Happy Hour celebration at New York’s justly legendary Keen’s Steakhouse.


This is one of the most special, most exclusive events I’ve had the pleasure of hosting.  It would please me greatly if you could join us.  So respond promptly as attendance is limited to the first 50 guests.  All the details you’ll need to plan your evening are below.


Sláinte,


Simon Brooking

Master Ambassador


Date: Monday, November 8

Time: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Location: Marriott Marquis Hotel
Address: 1535 Broadway (between 45th and 46th streets), New York, NY 10036
RSVP: LaphroaigEvent@gmail.com (limited to one guest, limited to the first 50 who respond)

Event Overview:

1:00 pm - 4:30 pm – Visit to Liberty Island, FOL group photo
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm – Laphroaig Happy Hour at Keen’s Steakhouse, 72 West 36th Street, New York, NY 10018

Transportation will be provided back to the Marriott Marquis after Happy Hour.

-----------------------------------------------------------------


If only I were in New York or even within a reasonable driving distance!!  That's one of the benefits of living smack dab in the middle of the country.  We miss everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment